Bulgaria Vacation Travel Video Guide
Travel video about destination Bulgaria.
Bulgaria is located in the extreme south east of Europe, a country of natural splendour, fairy-tale like villages, ancient ruins, and monasteries with remarkable frescos as well as a culture that is between both Orient and Occident. Sofia, the ‘wise woman’ and, since 1879, capital of the new Bulgaria, a city whose roots date back to the fifth century B.C. Once Thracians settled, then followed Romans, Goths, Huns and Ottomans. At the end of the nineteenth century the city’s appearance changed from Oriental to European into a dynamic metropolis. Sofia’s historic city centre features the most splendid sacred building in the Balkan Peninsula, the Aleksandâr Nevski Cathedral, a work of art of the Russian Orthodox religion that can accommodate a congregation of more than five thousand. Vidin is dominated by the Baba Vida Fortress whose impressive towers and bastion date back to the thirteenth century. From the banks of the Danube the north western entrances to the mediaeval realm were strictly controlled and the fortress protected it from invasion by ship. Varna is the biggest city on the Black Sea coast and is one of Europe’s oldest cities. The golden, shining domes of the impressive cathedral in the city centre are one of its main landmarks. The caves of western Rhodopes are the main destination for many of the region’s visitors, such as the Jagodina Cave that is ten kilometres long and extends up to five levels within the limestone mountains. It is the longest and deepest of the Rhodopes and its tunnels and huge galleries feature traces of prehistoric inhabitants. Bulgaria – on the border of both Occident and Orient – a country full of history and natural beauty with authentic culture and overwhelming hospitality. A colourful mixture of fascinating tribes with a large variety of tradition and, according to legend, a part of paradise that God gifted to the Bulgarian people!
- Zermatt, Switzerland in the heart of the Alps
- Zd ar nad Sazavou (Czech Republic) Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Zakynthos – Greece Holiday May 2016
- Zadar European Best Destination 2016
- Your Travel Planners: How To Avoid Pick Pocket Gangs In Europe, Expert Travel Planners
- WRAP Athens airport; German Chancellery; Italy; Greece travel warning
- World Travel Guide To Barcelona City In Spain 2015.
- World of Wanderlust goes to Finland!
- Wonderful View from Greece , Travel
- Winter Travel in Italy // Rome & Florence
- Winter in Switzerland | World Travel Studio
- Winter in Munich, Germany HD Travel Channel
- Winter in Amsterdam
- Why Travel by Train in Europe?
- White Palace: Rethymno, Crete, Greece – Travel Blog (RTW #24)
- What’s in my Travel Beauty Bag?!│Europe 2013 Edition
- What’s In My Suitcase?! + Travel Apps ♡ Europe 2014
- What to Pack in a Backpack to Travel Europe and the World
- What to Do in Vilnius, Lithuania | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Times
- What to Do in Vienna, Austria | 36 Hours | The New York Times