Canada: Alberta in winter (1/2) – Travel Report from the TV series “Time Out”
From Edmonton to Jasper to Lake Louise
00:32 In Edmonton, the capital of Alberta, the journey begins. The program includes the Art Gallery of Edmonton and a walk through the West Edmonton Mall, which has long been the largest mall in the world.
03:02 The next day we drive in the Elk Island National Parc, “wild nature with wild animals” where you can them walking around freely. Here in Elk Island National Parc is the recovery herd for Canada. They are sent to recovery projects in canada, in the US and to Russia. Approximately 800 wood bisons and 700 plain bisons live here.
06:43 We enjoy a relaxing train trip with the comfortable Via Rail Canada to Jasper, a typical Canadian small town. In the evening we organize a night tour is through an Ice Canyon in Jasper National Park. Incredible icefalls where you often find iceclimbers. An amazing dream landscape. In summer, you cannot go down to the bottom, however, since then there are big raging rivers.
We also try ice-skating in the dark, which is quite normal in Canada. And our hockey, the Canadians can only smile about our efforts…
16:14 On the way to Lake Louise, the Canadian Mecca for skiers, we experience Canada: on the Columbia Icefielf the Columbia Icefield we take a break, the next stop is more enforced: the mile-long freight train that makes us wait almost an hour at the railroad crossing. Then we we are caught in a real blizzard; Mountain goat standing in the middle of the road.
17:56 Visit to the Deer Lodge, one of the oldest hotels in the city. Lake Louise is the venue for the Ski World Cup downhill and giant slalom, the season starts in the beginning of November and ends in the middle of May, because then people go playing golf.
21:07 In a sleigh we visit the famous Fairmont Chateau by the Victoria glacier. Here they are holding the international ice sculpture festival at the moment – the Ice Magic Festival.
A film by Peter Stromberg from the documentary series “Time Out”
- Winter in Quebec City Travel Guide
- Ville de Québec Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Victoria Canada Video tour and Disney Wonder Cruise WWW.RECIPESFOROURDAILYBREAD.COM
- Victoria, Canada / Sunway Travel Group
- Victoria British Columbia Tour 2014 – YouTube
- Victoria B.C.-Canada-Best Tourist Spots-Full HD
- Vancouver/Victoria, Canada EP#029 | Travel Video Guide
- Travel Guide to Quebec City
- Travel Guide – Quebec City, Canada
- Travel Diary: Victoria, Canada
- Travel Canada:Quebec’s Eastern Townships:Travel Vid
- Travel Canada-Travel Victoria, Canada-Canada Travel Video PostCard
- Toronto Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
- Toronto, Canada Travel Guide – Must-See Attractions
- The Wild Within: British Columbia, Canada
- The Autumn foliage in Canada, a train trip in Quebec!
- Tadoussac, Quebec, Whale Watching – Canada HD Travel Channel
- Quebec Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
- Quebec City Travel Guide
- Québec, Changing of the Guard, Citadelle – Canada HD Travel Channel