Canary Islands Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
The Canary Islands are a Spanish archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean, just off Morocco in North Africa. Formed by volcanic eruptions and shaped by hot desert winds, they are comprised of 7 main islands.
When powerful seismic forces lifted these islands out of the ocean millions of years ago, they sculpted landscapes of unimaginable beauty. So spectacular are the Canary Islands that for centuries, it was believed that this archipelago formed the peaks of the legendary lost city of Atlantis.
Today, the Canary Islands are a magnet for sun seekers, beachcombers and adventurers from all over the world.
With, 160 miles of coastline, 150 beaches and a climate that feels like it is always spring, the island of Fuerteventura is a perfect place to slow down and relax.
A short ferry ride to the west of Fuerteventura is Gran Canaria – a place of ever changing climates and vistas.
This island abounds with otherworldly landscapes that have been inspiring visitors for centuries. Take a hike to Pilancones Natural Park. The spectacular plateaus and cool ravines in this area are around 12 million years old.
Tenerife, is the largest and busiest of the Canary Islands, receiving around 5 million visitors a year.
Or, choose to visit Lanzarote is the Canaries’ easternmost island and is sometimes called the “Island of 100 Volcanoes.”
Be humbled by Mother Nature’s destructive power on a tour of Timanfaya National Park. This region suffered a series of devastating eruptions in the 1700s and has remained largely unchanged ever since.
No matter which of these magnificent islands you choose, as the sun’s molten rays merge the ocean with the earth, you’ll realise this is a place where Mother Nature and history collide.
The mythical city of Atlantis may be a story, lost in the mists of time, but the Canary Islands are only a plane ride away. Whether you are searching for dramatic adventures or a sun-soaked vacation, this archipelago is alive with a powerful magic all its own.
- Zermatt, Switzerland in the heart of the Alps
- Zd ar nad Sazavou (Czech Republic) Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Zakynthos – Greece Holiday May 2016
- Zadar European Best Destination 2016
- Your Travel Planners: How To Avoid Pick Pocket Gangs In Europe, Expert Travel Planners
- WRAP Athens airport; German Chancellery; Italy; Greece travel warning
- World Travel Guide To Barcelona City In Spain 2015.
- World of Wanderlust goes to Finland!
- Wonderful View from Greece , Travel
- Winter Travel in Italy // Rome & Florence
- Winter in Switzerland | World Travel Studio
- Winter in Munich, Germany HD Travel Channel
- Winter in Amsterdam
- Why Travel by Train in Europe?
- White Palace: Rethymno, Crete, Greece – Travel Blog (RTW #24)
- What’s in my Travel Beauty Bag?!│Europe 2013 Edition
- What’s In My Suitcase?! + Travel Apps ♡ Europe 2014
- What to Pack in a Backpack to Travel Europe and the World
- What to Do in Vilnius, Lithuania | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Times
- What to Do in Vienna, Austria | 36 Hours | The New York Times