Emerging Europe Travel Destintions – Mérida Spain- Roman history Europe
Located right on Via de la Plata, Merida is heir to a glorious Roman past. His theater, amphitheater or temple dedicated to the goddess Diana make the former capital of Roman Lusitania one of the best preserved archaeological sites in Spain, allowing you to have the declaration of World Heritage.
This immense Roman legacy reflected in the National Museum of Roman Art, where you can learn about the past of the city through a rich collection of objects from Merida and its vicinity.
The capital of Extremadura has a calendar filled with interesting cultural events, among which each summer the Festival of Classical Theatre, one of the most important of which are organized in Spain.
Merida’s history is closely linked to Roman expansion in the Iberian Peninsula. Its foundation as a city would take place in the year 25. C. under the rule of Emperor Augustus, who would take his first name, Emerita Augusta.
- Zermatt, Switzerland in the heart of the Alps
- Zd ar nad Sazavou (Czech Republic) Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Zakynthos – Greece Holiday May 2016
- Zadar European Best Destination 2016
- Your Travel Planners: How To Avoid Pick Pocket Gangs In Europe, Expert Travel Planners
- WRAP Athens airport; German Chancellery; Italy; Greece travel warning
- World Travel Guide To Barcelona City In Spain 2015.
- World of Wanderlust goes to Finland!
- Wonderful View from Greece , Travel
- Winter Travel in Italy // Rome & Florence
- Winter in Switzerland | World Travel Studio
- Winter in Munich, Germany HD Travel Channel
- Winter in Amsterdam
- Why Travel by Train in Europe?
- White Palace: Rethymno, Crete, Greece – Travel Blog (RTW #24)
- What’s in my Travel Beauty Bag?!│Europe 2013 Edition
- What’s In My Suitcase?! + Travel Apps ♡ Europe 2014
- What to Pack in a Backpack to Travel Europe and the World
- What to Do in Vilnius, Lithuania | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Times
- What to Do in Vienna, Austria | 36 Hours | The New York Times