Europe Travel Skills & Tips For a Beginner
Europe Travel Tips for Germany, Italy and Switzerland from a Canadian Rick Steves
Rick Steves Travel Skills
Rick Steves Europe Travel Skills
Rick Steves Europe Travel Skills Packing Light
Rick Steves Europe Travel Skills eating and drinking
rick stoves europe travel skills planning your itinerary
Hey everybody what is up I just want to wish you guys a happy new year and I just want to let you guys know I came back from Europe. We were there for three weeks and I just want to do a travel tip video based on whatI learned from my experience. We visited Germany, Switzerland as well as Italy. It was my real first time. I’d been to Germany once before for a short period of time, but it was my first time experiencing Europe for a real long period of time so I’m just going to run down some tips I learned. So lets start with
booking your hotels.
We used a website called Trivago which I highly recommend. I’ve seen there commercials on TV and that’s what’s made me become aware of them. Basically what they do is that they’ll take one hotel room and they’ll compare the price of that hotel room across a number of different websites, so you basically get the best price for that hotel room. And what we found by booking out hotel rooms is that we saved anywhere from 30-70% booking out hotels So i highly recommend Trivago. The next thing is when you’re booking you flight is that I really recommend Google Flights Explorer. Google Flights Explorer if you don’t already know lets you set your destination and you can pick you dates. They’ll actually give you a bar graph of how much the prices vary day to day. You can look at the bar graph and see what the cheapest price is per day and if you’re flexible you can get the best value for your money The other thing to is that when it comes to budgeting. We didn’t really know how much we would be spending per day, but what we found and we journaled everyday we were there. That typically, excluding hotels we would spend anywhere from 40 to 75 Euros a day on food That includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some hotels have complimentary breakfast. As well as sight seeing as well as taking public transit as well. Even shopping includes. So typically we spent 40-75 euros per day.However in Switzerland it is so expensive. Places like Zurich, St. Moritz and Zermatt which we visited. I would probably budget a little more like 150 swiss francs per day because everything else is just so much more expensive in that country.
The other thing I highly recommend is that if you’re flying on an airline you should really check if they have like a free members program or a free miles program because we flew with Delta and we just signed up with their skymiles program, which is free. Normally we bought economy class tickets, but because there were vacancies in first class Delta will actually bump up Skymiles members. and so we basically got to fly first class on the way back. And the cool part too is that skymiles members get priority boarding as well as you earn points from travel so why would you not sign up for that.
The next thing to is that when it came to actually checking our hotels we used tripadbisor to you know see reviews of the hotel, see pictures of the hotel from the people who had stayed there. We also used TripAdvisor to find the best restaurants in the cities we were visiting and the places. As well as see the top sites as well. Tripadvsior has the top things to do in each city. And you can see one of the most popular tourist destinations. What do people have to say about those places. So i really recommend tripadvisor as well.
- Zermatt, Switzerland in the heart of the Alps
- Zd ar nad Sazavou (Czech Republic) Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Zakynthos – Greece Holiday May 2016
- Zadar European Best Destination 2016
- Your Travel Planners: How To Avoid Pick Pocket Gangs In Europe, Expert Travel Planners
- WRAP Athens airport; German Chancellery; Italy; Greece travel warning
- World Travel Guide To Barcelona City In Spain 2015.
- World of Wanderlust goes to Finland!
- Wonderful View from Greece , Travel
- Winter Travel in Italy // Rome & Florence
- Winter in Switzerland | World Travel Studio
- Winter in Munich, Germany HD Travel Channel
- Winter in Amsterdam
- Why Travel by Train in Europe?
- White Palace: Rethymno, Crete, Greece – Travel Blog (RTW #24)
- What’s in my Travel Beauty Bag?!│Europe 2013 Edition
- What’s In My Suitcase?! + Travel Apps ♡ Europe 2014
- What to Pack in a Backpack to Travel Europe and the World
- What to Do in Vilnius, Lithuania | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Times
- What to Do in Vienna, Austria | 36 Hours | The New York Times