Montreal Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
Welcome to Montreal, Canada. This extraordinary city, which began life as a French colony in the 1600s, is now a stunning metropolis combining old-world architecture with modern dashes.
When Mark Twain visited Montreal in the 19th century, he was so taken by its many churches that he nicknamed it “The City of 100 Bell Towers.” These numerous buildings are often part of Montreal sightseeing; marvel at the imposing stone façade of Christ Church Cathedral, or stand beneath the great arched ceiling of the beautiful Notre Dame Basilica. You can spend days exploring the city’s many sacred spaces, but Montreal tourism is so much more than that; if you’re a foodie, you’re in luck, because the residents of Montreal adore a good meal, whether it’s poutine from a streetside bistro or fresh produce from the farmers market.
A tour of Montreal will take you across cobblestone streets and through architecture that dates back to the 1600s, but one thing you must remember to do is to walk and play in its numerous green spaces. The city’s inhabitants take great pride in Montreal’s natural beauty, and hikes up Mont Royal or along the St. Lawrence River are frequent activities for locals. Remember to bring your camera, as the riverfront and the mountain are full of striking photo opportunities.
What is your favorite part of Montreal?
Visit our Montreal travel guide page for more information or to plan your next vacation!
Follow us on social media:
Follow us on our travel blog, Viewfinder:
- Winter in Quebec City Travel Guide
- Ville de Québec Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Victoria Canada Video tour and Disney Wonder Cruise WWW.RECIPESFOROURDAILYBREAD.COM
- Victoria, Canada / Sunway Travel Group
- Victoria British Columbia Tour 2014 – YouTube
- Victoria B.C.-Canada-Best Tourist Spots-Full HD
- Vancouver/Victoria, Canada EP#029 | Travel Video Guide
- Travel Guide to Quebec City
- Travel Guide – Quebec City, Canada
- Travel Diary: Victoria, Canada
- Travel Canada:Quebec’s Eastern Townships:Travel Vid
- Travel Canada-Travel Victoria, Canada-Canada Travel Video PostCard
- Toronto Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
- Toronto, Canada Travel Guide – Must-See Attractions
- The Wild Within: British Columbia, Canada
- The Autumn foliage in Canada, a train trip in Quebec!
- Tadoussac, Quebec, Whale Watching – Canada HD Travel Channel
- Quebec Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
- Quebec City Travel Guide
- Québec, Changing of the Guard, Citadelle – Canada HD Travel Channel