Orange County Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
Orange County, California, is sandwiched between the vibrant metropolis of Los Angeles and the relaxed waves of San Diego. “OC,” as it’s called by locals, is a group of cities located along the Pacific coastline and inland.
Begin your Orange County sightseeing with a history lesson. Mission San Juan Capistrano, located on the county’s southernmost tip, features the oldest Californian buildings in use today, and you can tour these almost any day of the week. Just a few years later and a few miles to the north, the sleepy town of Laguna Beach attracted new types of worshippers, namely sun and nature lovers. In the late 19th century, it became a playground for the vacationing wealthy. These days, Laguna Beach is full of hills, winding streets, and creative personalities, and is the perfect place to shop for art.
If you’re looking for something a little off the beaten path, Crystal Cove is the place for you. Where else can you stay in antique cabins put together from old Hollywood movie sets? Not in Newport Beach, where sprawling, million-dollar homes line the harbor. Can you believe you could once buy lots here for $1 an acre?
Hit the waves in Huntington Beach, then head inland to explore the theme parks. The grandfather of all amusement parks is Disneyland®: it’s stood in Anaheim since 1965. Not far away is Knott’s Berry Farm®, once a collection of relocated ghost towns that evolved into a series of rides and amusements intended to celebrate the pioneer spirit.
Do you like monkeys? Do you like to count monkeys? Head over to the Santa Ana Zoo and see how far you get. The benefactors donated the land on which it sits on the condition that there would be at least 50 primates in the collection at all times, and it’s up to you to make sure that promise is kept.
Despite its various architectural marvels, theme parks, and numerous activities, Orange County is famed for something much simpler: its sunsets. Head over to the nearest beach and watch the sun disappear into the Pacific today.
What’s your favorite part of Orange County?
Visit our Orange County travel guide page for more information or to plan your next vacation!
Follow us on social media:
Follow us on our travel blog, Viewfinder:
- Yosemite national park 2009
- Yellowstone National Park,USA Look So Amazing Places
- Yellowstone National Park (USA) Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Wyoming And South Dakota Vacation Travel Video Guide
- World Travel – USA Tourist Destination – Tourist Attraction in The US – American Tourism
- Work & Travel USA Summer 2014 Houston, TX GoPro Hero 3+
- Work and Travel USA, Lifeguard with AquaSafe Pool Management
- Work and travel USA 2015 start
- Work and Travel USA 2015 | Lithuania (The Days)
- Work and travel USA 2015 from Lithuania
- Work and Travel USA 2015
- (Work and Travel USA 2014)California Dream and MORE!!!
- Work and Travel USA 2014
- Work and Travel USA. Сколько я заработал? Оплата в США.
- Work and Travel USA: развей мифы о программе!
- Winter in Yellowstone | Collette – USA Tours
- Wild Dunes – Destination Hotels & Resorts, Isle Of Palms, South Carolina, USA
- What to Do in Honolulu, Hawaii | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Times
- Welcome to Azerbaijan, Baku city
- Washington DC Tour