Vienna Austria: As We Travel Europe
http://www.aswetravel.com/vienna-austria-travel-video/ – Vienna, Austria: As We Travel Europe – Country #23 – Hosted by Sofia von Porat & Nathan Schacherer
We’ve arrived in Vienna, and I think this is our hostel. We’re going to start the day by visiting the Schönbrunn Palace, one of Vienna’s most popular attractions. Apparently, it has over 1,400 rooms inside. We’re not going inside today though, we’re going to go behind it and check out the amazing park. It’s amazing how much space there is here. This park is massive. Imagine to have this for your summer house. It’s amazing. This used to be the summer residence for the Austrian royal family. It first started just as a palace and a place to go hunting, but over the centuries, it expanded into a place that now has one of the oldest zoos in Europe, it has a labyrinth, it has statues everywhere, and it’s such an amazing place to come and relax.
We’re in Naschmarkt, Vienna’s most popular market, and it’s been here since the 16th century. We’re going to see if we can find some lunch and go and have a picnic. Let’s have a picnic. We’re sitting in Volksgarten, a park surrounded by six of the most iconic buildings in Vienna. We have the Hofburg Palace over there, the Parliament, the City Hall, the Burgtheater, and two museums. It’s really beautiful here. There are rose gardens everywhere. Nature’s really nice. It’s a perfect place to have a picnic. We’re walking through the streets of Vienna, and for me, I grew up in New Zealand and played classical music for over twelve years. And getting to see where Mozart used to live and Beethoven used to hang out, I feel really grateful to be able to come here and see where these guys got their inspiration from. I think they’re really cool.
A must-try when you’re in Vienna is the sachertorte. We went to one of the original shops and bought a slice. Check out how fancy this bag is. Feels like I’ve been shopping in Gucci. Apparently, the drinking water in Vienna is some of the best in the word. It comes straight from the Austrian Alps. And it tastes so good. Like Sofia said, we bought a sachetorte, one of the most famous cakes in Austria. Apparently there are two places that claim to have the original, and we think this one here is the best one. Let’s see what it looks like. Yeah, let’s see what it looks like. It’s another little package here. Apparently it’s a chocolate cake with some marmalade inside. It’s really good. We’ve had a great day here. Tomorrow we’re heading off to Prague.
- Zermatt, Switzerland in the heart of the Alps
- Zd ar nad Sazavou (Czech Republic) Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Zakynthos – Greece Holiday May 2016
- Zadar European Best Destination 2016
- Your Travel Planners: How To Avoid Pick Pocket Gangs In Europe, Expert Travel Planners
- WRAP Athens airport; German Chancellery; Italy; Greece travel warning
- World Travel Guide To Barcelona City In Spain 2015.
- World of Wanderlust goes to Finland!
- Wonderful View from Greece , Travel
- Winter Travel in Italy // Rome & Florence
- Winter in Switzerland | World Travel Studio
- Winter in Munich, Germany HD Travel Channel
- Winter in Amsterdam
- Why Travel by Train in Europe?
- White Palace: Rethymno, Crete, Greece – Travel Blog (RTW #24)
- What’s in my Travel Beauty Bag?!│Europe 2013 Edition
- What’s In My Suitcase?! + Travel Apps ♡ Europe 2014
- What to Pack in a Backpack to Travel Europe and the World
- What to Do in Vilnius, Lithuania | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Times
- What to Do in Vienna, Austria | 36 Hours | The New York Times