WRAP Athens airport; German Chancellery; Italy; Greece travel warning
SKY ITALIA – NO ACCESS ITALY
Bologna, Italy – 3 November 2010
1. Wide Bologna of airport
2. Zoom out from fire truck to TNT cargo plane
3. Close up TNT aeroplane
4. Pan left of fire trucks
5. Pan left of police car passing
Rome, Italy – 3 November 2010
6. Wide of Palazzo Grazioli, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s residence in Rome
7. Mid of policemen
8. Wide of police vehicle outside Palazzo Grazioli
10. Wide exterior of Palazzo Grazioli
Athens, Greece – 3 November 2010
11. Wide of airport exterior showing Athens International airport with control tower
12. Close of sign reading (English): “Athens International Airport”
13. Road leading toward cargo airport services
14. Close up of sign reading (English/Greek): “Hellenic post”
15. Various of the cargo building and a plane on tarmac
16. SOUNDBITE (Greek) Vox pop, Athina Karagiannaki, passenger travelling to Paris:
“No, I have no real concerns. I don’t even think security has changed that much, I’m ok to travel.”
17. Greek Air Cargo van, a worker unloading boxes
18. Close up of worker handling boxes
19. Wide of DHL building and vans
20. Various of truck and workers
Berlin, Germany – 3 November 2010
21. Wide of chancellery with police walking in front
22. Mid of police patrolling
23. Mid of chancellery with police patrolling
24. Mid of police patrolling
25. Mid of police in front of US embassy
26. Close up of police
27. SOUNDBITE: (German) Vox pop, Bruce Armstrong, local resident:
“This threat is real in Germany in the US and worldwide and one should not underestimate it.”
28. Wide of chancellery
29. Mid of police patrolling
30. European and German flags at chancellery
Athens, Greece – 3 November 2010
31. Wide of US Embassy
32. Close of US Seal on embassy
33. Pan down of Embassy of Argentina
34. Close of seal
35. Mid of entrance
Greece stopped all mail headed overseas and screened thousands of packages on Wednesday in an attempt to stop a spate of bombings blamed on Greek militants targeting diplomatic missions and European leaders.
A 48-hour ban on all outgoing mail deliveries abroad took effect after mail bombs reached the office of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and halted flights for hours at Italy’s Bologna airport, where a package addressed to Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi caught fire.
Security was tight in Berlin at the chancellery, while in Italy, Berlusconi’s residence and office were being closely guarded.
At least 11 mail bombs were detected in the Greek capital on Monday and Tuesday, one addressed to French President Nicolas Sarkozy and eight to the Athens embassies of Bulgaria, Russia, Germany, Switzerland, Mexico, Chile, the Netherlands and Belgium.
Three of the bombs exploded or caught fire in Athens, causing minor damage and leaving one delivery service employee burned.
Police investigators said none of the devices examined so far contained lethal amounts of explosives. But the attacks highlighted the difficulty of keeping bombs out of the international delivery system, also a target of Yemen-based militants armed with more powerful and potentially deadly explosives.
Authorities are questioning two suspects arrested on Monday in connection with the bombings, and released the photographs of five other suspects believed to be associated with them. The suspects, most in their early 20s, have been linked to an anarchist militant group called Conspiracy Nuclei of Fire.
The US Embassy in Athens issued an alert on Wednesday encouraging Americans to exercise common sense and caution after the spate of parcel bombings.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/ccba67fe8f6b76bd84c1070d60c9ce71
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
- Zermatt, Switzerland in the heart of the Alps
- Zd ar nad Sazavou (Czech Republic) Vacation Travel Video Guide
- Zakynthos – Greece Holiday May 2016
- Zadar European Best Destination 2016
- Your Travel Planners: How To Avoid Pick Pocket Gangs In Europe, Expert Travel Planners
- World Travel Guide To Barcelona City In Spain 2015.
- World of Wanderlust goes to Finland!
- Wonderful View from Greece , Travel
- Winter Travel in Italy // Rome & Florence
- Winter in Switzerland | World Travel Studio
- Winter in Munich, Germany HD Travel Channel
- Winter in Amsterdam
- Why Travel by Train in Europe?
- White Palace: Rethymno, Crete, Greece – Travel Blog (RTW #24)
- What’s in my Travel Beauty Bag?!│Europe 2013 Edition
- What’s In My Suitcase?! + Travel Apps ♡ Europe 2014
- What to Pack in a Backpack to Travel Europe and the World
- What to Do in Vilnius, Lithuania | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Times
- What to Do in Vienna, Austria | 36 Hours | The New York Times
- What to Do in Berlin, Germany | 36 Hours Travel Videos | The New York Times