Greece Travel Series – Zakynthos4267
The travel series is back and this week, I’m talking about the gorgeous Ionian Island of Zakynthos! Best known for it’s shipwreck beach and blue caves, Zakynthos provides a good mix of natural beauty and good night life. Like just about all of Greece.
My “dark horse” island, Zakynthos gets you in all the right places and is, perhaps, one of the most authentic of the popular Greek Islands. Here are some tips:
– Easiest way to get there: flight to Zakynthos International Airport (ZTH). Two flights a day from Athens (ATH)
– Zakynthos is more central, chill and more local feel
– Laganas is more of a crazy party town – has a Key West vibe to it
– Varres Hotel is beautiful and a great bang for your buck
– San Marcos Square in Zante for nightlife
– Base lounge/cafe in Zante
– Check out Spaghettomania if you’re in Zante town and hungry
– Go to MyTours for a great deal on a ship to the Shipwreck Beach, Blue Caves, etc – http://www.my-tours.gr/
– My advice is to rent a quad or scooter and navigate the island
– It is very hot in the summer, so be prepared
– Gorgeous beaches throughout (Alikanas, Xigia, Langans, etc)
– Absolutely NEED to go! So worth it!
Don’t forget to follow me on:
– Instagram – @mitchelltravels
– Twitter – @mitchelltravels
See you next time!